News and Upcoming Events at Magic Happens
Magic Happens & The Breadth Within Announces Specialized Yoga Class for Those in Cancer Treatment
Magic Happens is pleased to announce our yoga therapy class
In a serene, inspiring atmosphere, classes offer patients relief, support and inspiration for healing during treatment. An important goal from evidence-based research, is to teach self-regulating techniques that can relieve the distressing side effects of treatment and improve sleep, mood, and coping.
Benefits Yoga include:
- Reducing muscle tension and habituated tension patterns
- Promoting self-healing and functional improvements
- Decreasing anxiety and depression
- Improving overall health and feelings of well being
- Reducing neuropathy and lymphedema
- Improving sleep
- A sense of empowerment and centering during an uncertain time
Participants of the class can expect the following:
- A safe and gentle Yoga experience designed to meet all students’ individual needs as much as possible
- Friendly, welcoming environment that encourages community building
- Body awareness and breathing practices
- Slow, gentle movements to improve blood flow, range of motion, and flexibility in joints and muscles.
- Explanation of the physiological benefits
- Guided relaxation practices
- Meditation practices
Leading our class is Linda Fuller a Certified Yoga Therapist, Cancer Exercise Specialist, Reiki Master and Sounder Sleep Teacher.
The Breadth Within is located at
The Waterfront at Roslyn
55 Lumber Road
Roslyn, NY 11576
First Ever Fitness Legacy Award Presented by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
The Legacy Award is one of the highest honors presented at the event, and is to become an annual event within the conference. Honorees are chosen for their exceptional contributions to the community through volunteer and charitable efforts. The hope being that these leaders will themselves leave a legacy behind that inspires others to make a powerful impact in the lives of others.
After running her first half marathon as a charity fundraiser for the foundation, Founder Daniella Cippitelli flew almost immediately to Columbus, Ohio to serve as an expert presenter at a ground breaking conference; The ICA 21st Annual Council on Fitness & Sports Health Sciences National Symposium on Natural Fitness with Keynote Arnold Schwarzenegger.