6 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced (tart, like granny smiths)
2 cups dried cranberries
4 medium onions, diced
4 celery stalks, chopped
3 TB olive oil
½ cup white wine (optional)
2 TB thyme, fresh, minced
2 TB sage, fresh
12 cups bread, cubed, any high fiber type
1 ¾ cups low sodium chicken broth
½ cup egg whites
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a 12” skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Saute celery, onions and apples till soft, about 15 mins.
- Add thyme, sage, and wine. Simmer until wine is absorbed, 1-2 minutes.
- Add bread, cranberries, chicken broth, egg whites, chopped parsley, sea salt and black pepper. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Spray 8×13 inch baking dish with olive oil, place stuffing in pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, till lightly browned.