Oh so comforting, simple to prepare and the number one food you can eat to improve your health! They’re brimming with fiber, along with vitamins, minerals and plant based substances that protect you from many diseases!
The top 9 and their benefits…
1. Kale … an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K. Has a good amount of calcium and supplies folate and potassium
2. Collards … similar in nutrition to kale, but have a heartier and chewier texture
3. Turnip greens … loaded with vitamins A, C and K, as well as calcium
4. Swiss chard … good source of vitamins A and C
5. Spinach … packed with vitamins A and C as well as folate
6. Mustard greens … loaded with vitamins A, C and K, with a good amount of calcium, folate and potassium
7. Broccoli … rich in vitamin C and a good source of vitamin A, potassium and folate
8. Red and green leaf and romaine lettuce … high in vitamin A and offer some folate
9. Cabbage … rich in phyto nutrient anti-oxidants and an excellent source of vitamin C
My favorite ways to prepare these beautiful vegetables are roasting, sautéing or enjoyed raw, adding olive oil and spices that tempt your palate! Savor every bite!